Varieties of hosting solutions
A hosting service is associated with stockpiling and/or sharing specific content on a web server hosted by a website hosting supplier. There are various classes of hosting services used for various purposes, so let's have a gaze at these. Thus, you can elect what you need, depending on whether you wish to create a web page, mail accounts, or to share files with pals and associates.
- File hosting: a solution provided by particular file storage providers, which permits you to share large files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived files, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole function is to share files, since it does not offer web page uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either receive a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to see a roll of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to open .html or .php web site files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file hosting packages frequently involve ads by the download links, while a timer obliges you to await a certain stretch of time to perceive them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you run a paid file hosting account, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no limit when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
These days, with the help of the cPanel hosting traders, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more stylish "cloud hosting". This is a totally improper explanation of the literal definition of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting system would divide the load between different hosts of web servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to serving miscellaneous webspace hosting services (mail, disk space, statistics, DNS, databases, website hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is merely a sort of a disk storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; certain corporations offer a hosting solution for pictures solely. This hosting type is suitable if you desire to share an enormous amount of images with buddies or colleagues since the solution is mostly free of charge. You will get a random link for every pic or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be utilized for sites.
- Email hosting: a service committed to taking care of your emails. Some suppliers offer site hosting services for web sites, but do not offer an email service. If you would like to run an email address with your domain name but do not desire to run a web site, then the e-mail hosting service is what you require. You can open e-mailbox accounts and manage them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The email hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this service allows you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a given video, or you can embed the video file in your web site that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of utilizing this approach in lieu of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video creates a specific amount of CPU load, so with a handful of video files and a few hundred web page visitors, you may have a problem with your hosting reserves. Embedding the video will permit you to own as many video files as you would like without bothering about system quotas.
- Website hosting: this is the service that you need if you would like to have a site. To some extent, it incorporates all of the abovementioned hosting types since, along with your websites, you can also host pics and files, you can have databases and email mailbox accounts, upload video clips, etc. At www.mischar.net, for instance, you can have a peek at web hosting and dedicated hosting plans that permit you to get all of the aforesaid services in a single place. There may be limits depending on the form of hosting service that you've picked - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your site hosting plan may be better or worse compared to the usual email/file/video/image hosting packages that are conceived for specific web content only.